Pregnant, the choice of lingerie is essential. Especially when we decide to breastfeed baby. You ask the question of the size, the maintenance or the matter to privilege? Are you hesitating between different models of pregnancy and breastfeeding bras? Here are tips to accompany you in your choice!
Pregnancy bra and nursing bra: comfort first and foremost
- When waiting for a baby, it is essential to choose a suitable lingerie. Pregnancy bras and nursing bras have the advantage of keeping the chest perfectly. On the one hand, this maintenance helps relieve back pain and, on the other hand, it allows to maintain a firmer chest even during the delicate period of breastfeeding.
- Choose wide straps and soft and soft materials, like cotton for example.
- For even more comfort, you can indulge in pregnancy bras and breastfeeding bras made of highly elastic material with no reinforcement. Particularly popular in late pregnancy when breasts are usually the most painful, they provide a very satisfactory support without compressing the chest.
- Regarding the opening systems of your breastfeeding bra, you will have the choice between different models: magnet or clip on the strap, clip in the bonnet, small opening to breastfeed baby in privacy outside , or opening larger if you want to feed your little one quietly at home.
How to choose the size of your pregnancy bra and breastfeeding bra?
- Contrary to what we often imagine, it is quite possible to wear a breastfeeding bra during pregnancy. However, it is recommended to wait until the size of the chest is more or less stabilized. You will usually have to wait until the end of the 7th month to be able to select serenely, and without much risk of deceiving you, your models of nursing bras.
- Just like for the pregnancy bra, ideally put on a slightly too big bra that lets your chest breathe. In no case should the latter be compressed. Keep in mind that your breasts will gain more volume during milk rushes. It is therefore recommended to opt for a cup size above.
- Try different models until you find the size that fits you perfectly and, above all, do not hesitate to seek advice from different professionals. Midwife, gynecologist or specialized seller: each of them will be able to accompany you in your choice.
Breastfeeding: all our articles